Re: APT-GET UPGRADE VS DIST-UPGRADE

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

Thanks for the info to enlighten a newbie.  However, I don't seem to
have the command dlocate.

apt-get install dlocate

Alternatively, "dpkg -L kde" will return the same results. Dlocate
utilizes a database similar to the "locate" command that we use to
quickly search our filesystems with. Cron builds their databases
nightly. I may point you towards debfoster and deborphan someday too.
All very handy tools.

I use bash all the time and have not attempted the others availabe. What terminal command system is it from? Len

bash/ash/csh/ksh, I don't think it matters. :-)