Re: APT-GET UPGRADE VS DIST-UPGRADE

Tom Allison wrote:
> This is an interesting pile of confusion...
>
> I've been using apt-get dist-upgrade for well over a year now and I
> don't thing I've ever experienced a problem with packages.  I'm pinned
> to testing and sometimes will pick up packages that are in unstable.

I think the folks that are complaining use aptitude instead of apt-get,
else a temporary anomoly exists in the Debian archives.

aptitude -f install
look out! :-)

I believe the command "rm /var/lib/aptitude/pkgstates" will straighten
aptitude out, followed with "aptitude markauto \~slibs". It has to do
with the wonderful housekeeping that aptitude does. Sometimes it wants
to throw everything out the window.