general questions (not urgent)

Hi all,

I have some questions which are independent
(Sarge 2.6.10)
1)normally the console should terminate the running process if (ctrl+C) both
pressed but in my machine ,it is not so I search for the process (e.g. ping
127.0.0.1/ OR e.g.  find  /etc  -name *) and kill it. If some one can lead me
to activate that feachure

2)when run  kcmlinuz  I can't access the kernel

3)how to remove the configuation files for a removed pkg ?
of course I can make a stupid thing like

apt-get install UN-WANTED-PKG
apt-get remove --purge UN-WANTED-PKG

if there is an alternative that would be better

4)I selected the "powersave" profile in klaptop (battary monitoring daemon)
unfortunately I need to activate it with every boot.
so I made a script in the rcconf but the problem is that returns  "cannot
connect to xserver" and it is not functioning

for this one I triyed to make kdm activated before my script in the "ksysv "
(95 kdm      )
(99 MyScript)
 but no luck.

any help or comment is kind of you.