Re: firefox password manager

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 10:31:06AM -0400, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> Warning:- By default firefox stores the passwords unencrypted. You can
> see the exact passwords by going to Edit -> preferences -> view saved
> passwords. If you are the only person using the computer, then it
> probably is fine. But if multiple persons use it, then I would sincerely
> advice against using the "saved passwords feature".

Since which version? I'm currently on 0.8.0 and the passwords are
definitely stored encrypted. There's a file somewhere containing the
passwords, encrypted and base64 encoded. "View saved passwords"
doesn't show the actual passwords, just the sites for which passwords
have been saved and the associated login names.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons