Re: Lost all my project data, file recovery tool? Urgent!

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 20:01 +0200, Matthias Kaeppler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> well, I just deinstalled the cvs daemon cvsd, and the author decided
> that if deinstalled with --purge, not only the cvs repository, but also
> its parent directory with all other subdirectories should be removed...
> Brilliant idea, now everything I have ever programmed in my life is
> lost, because the cvs repository was only one subdirectory among others
> in a "projects" directory, which was also completely removed.
>
> Now, before I start sending hate mails to the author/packager, is there
> any way to recover deleted data from en ext3 filesystem?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pull out the CD-R to which you backed up your project directory.

No, I'm not trying to be flippant.  For the past 50 years, people/
organizations that don't make backups don't have any right to whine
about lost data.

Eve so, you should file a critical bug against cvsd, since the
deinstall "causes serious data loss".

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"To be a statesman, you must first get elected."
Senator J. William Fulbright (D-AR)