Lost all my project data, file recovery tool? Urgent!

Hi,

well, I just deinstalled the cvs daemon cvsd, and the author decided that if deinstalled with --purge, not only the cvs repository, but also its parent directory with all other subdirectories should be removed... Brilliant idea, now everything I have ever programmed in my life is lost, because the cvs repository was only one subdirectory among others in a "projects" directory, which was also completely removed.

Now, before I start sending hate mails to the author/packager, is there any way to recover deleted data from en ext3 filesystem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Matthias Kaeppler