Re: Utility to assess which process is doing disk I/O

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

> On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 03:13 +0200, Bruno Hertz wrote:
>> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

>> > [snip]

>> > OpenSolaris?
>>
>> Dear me, I actually have two Solaris/Sparc machines doing duty here,
>> but have a distinct feeling that we were talking Linux ...
>>
>> Anyway, thanks for your pointer :)
>
> But does Slowlaris give you per-process dio accounting?

Afaik not, Solaris 9 speaking. You have the usual stuff like iostat
and fellows, and generally most of the process accounting done in the
kernel is way better than in Linux, but to my knowledge attributing
disk usage to individual processes is nontrivial either. But then, I
didn't dig into that too deep yet on Solaris, so I might be wrong.

Regards, Bruno.