Re: Utility to assess which process is doing disk I/O

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 18:46 +0200, Bruno Hertz wrote:
> John <JohnRChamplin@columbus.rr.com> writes:
>
> > On (13/04/05 13:37), Bob Alexander wrote:
> >> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> >> From: Bob Alexander <bob@ngi.it>
[snip]
> Especially with journaling file systems users tend to notice regular
> disk activity without knowing which process might cause this. Afaik, it's
> been a long standing issue that there's effectively no known tool
> which allows disk activity monitoring including process attribution,
> maybe even without kernel patching. And htop, I'm afraid, doesn't
> offer that capability either.
>
> If anybody knows more, I'd be interested as well.

OpenSolaris?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Vegemite:
Yeast extract (comes from the grunge that is left over after the
beer brewing process), sea salt, potassium chloride, malt
extract, caramel color, natural flavor, niacin, thiamine
hydorchloride, riboflavin.