Re: help with Wine..

Aurélien Campéas wrote:
Oh, support for various installer (especially Installshield) has become
that good ? Also the OP was talking about leveraging existing windows
partition and already installed apps.

This is the reason I warned him that if his XP partition is on NTFS he will have a slew of problems (because of the r/o or "almost r/w" problem). IMHO he HAS to move or better reinstall things on a ext3/reiserfs r/w partition.

BTW one weird application I have under wine needs symlinks with names such as "c:" ... try that on FAT32 :)

To give an example of a small program you could try I have just DL and installed ORBITRON (satellite tracking). Went smooth as silk.

G'night,
Bob