Re: xpdf print command fails - partly solved

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 12:54:32AM +0200, Almut Behrens wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 05:50:07PM -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
> > >
> > xpdf does have the option to write the output to a file as a postscript
> > file.  I had it do this and found that ghostscript cannot read the file
> > that xpdf creates.  The command gs a-5.ps exits with the message
> >
> >       Error: /typecheck in --put--
>
> Feel free to send me a sample page to take a closer look at (preferably
> PS + PDF).  If it's a bug in xpdf, it might be worth investigating what
> is triggering it...  And maybe, there's also an immediate solution...
> No promises, though.
>
> Almut
>

> P.S. I tried to send this off-list, but got: 550 <tom@...> User unknown
> Probably some spam prevention measure(?)

Thanks for the offer Almut but I wont take you up on it as the document
in question is a financial statement.  In addition I have found that
xpdf opens and prints a two color Pennsylvania tax form with no problem
and that the financial statement be sort of opened from Mozilla using
/usr/bin/gv.  By "sort of opened" I mean there is an error message and
then the graphics (a logo and boxes) and a second page of text are
correctly displayed but the numerical data is missing.  If the statement
is opened with xpdf everything is correctly displayed but it cannot be
printed.

Apparently gv balks at the numerical font?

Tom

P.S. My second mail box (xyz@spininternet.com) given in the original
message should work.  Not a very creative name but I was in a hurry when
asked for a name and said the first thing that came to mind.