Re: IPW2100

Hello,

I'm still not getting this, perhaps I'm missing something. Here's what I'm doing

aptitude install ipw2100 wireless-tools

BTW I also downloaded the firmware for .55 and later and unzip them to
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware

cd /usr/src
tar zxvf ipw2100-source.tar.gz
module-assistant a-i ipw2100
modconf

I select the follow under wireless
ipw2100, ieee80211_crypt, ieee80211_cryp_wep, ieee80211
then exit

lsmod produces
ipw2100                        150988  0
ieee80211_crypt_wep   5380  0
crc32                             4416  1 ieee80211_crypt_wep
firmware_class              10112  1 ipw2100
ieee80211                     40612  1 ipw2100
ieee80211_crypt           5832  3 ipw2100,ieee80211_crypt_wep,ieee80211

I'm thinking I'm ok but... iwconfig produces
lo        no wireless extensions.
eth0      no wireless extensions.
eth1      no wireless extensions.
sit0      no wireless extensions.

Any attempt to load essid in the iwconfig produces
Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
    SET failed on device eth1 ; Operation not supported.

my interfaces is like
iface eth1 inet dhcp
	wireless_essid something
	wireless_mode managed