Re: firefox crashes on www.greatandhra.com

On Sunday 10 April 2005 11:59, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
>> Methinks the OP was just trying to badmouth firefox by finding a
>> broken setup that was repeatable, that would crash it.  He IMO got
>> exactly what he was looking for.  Fixing his install should have
>> been more important than badmouthing firefox.
>
>Where the hell did I badmouth firefox? This really offends me. I am
> a very big fan of firefox and in all my emails I have never even
> said anything bad about firefox or good about some other browser. I
> did not even judge the browser. I just had a problem with a site
> using firefox and wanted to know if the problem is experienced by
> others. If the problem is experienced by others, I wanted to file a
> bug report. If not I wanted to know why I am the only one having
> that problem.

My read was that you were trying to run it from a broken install, and
that you must have known, from the deletions you did, that it would
then be broken.  That site looks as if it exersizes every pluggin it
can find in the dictionary.  When a problem is encountered here, the
first thing I do is check my install.  And usually, its something I
didn't do.  Or in the latest case, it all worked over an upgrade of
both moz and ffox because I got tired of its deleting the plugins
dir, made my own, and softlinked it to the location they were looking
for.  Do the upgrade, redo the removed soflinks and everything seems
to be cool.  Both moz and ffox work fine, and I don't have to run
down another 50 megs worth of pluggins and install them yet again.

>In any case, I just want to make it clear that, I am not badmouthing
>firefox. My apologies in case you still think I have something
> against firefox.

I was haveing a bit of trouble actually flavoring your words with
that, and I apologise, it was a bad assumption on my part.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)