Re: firefox crashes on www.greatandhra.com

Kent West wrote:
Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
$mozilla-firefox
Extension System Warning: Failed to set up default extensions files probably because you do not have write privileges to this location. While you can run Firefox like this, it is recommended that you run it at least once with privileges that allow it to generate these initial files to improve start performance. Running from a disk image on MacOS X is not recommended.Extension System Warning: Failed to set up default extensions files probably because you do not have write privileges to this location.

Looks like you have an extension that isn't playing nice, trying to write in some place other than your home directory. It wants you to run Firefox once as root to write some default files, although it appears that this procedure is being initiated when you visit this site instead of when you first start FF; very odd behaviour.

What extensions do you have installed?

How do I check what extensions I have installed?
I went to tools -> extensions in firefox menus. There are no entries in the new window. So I assume there are no extensions. Also

$ls /etc/mozilla-firefox/profile/extensions/ -al
total 8
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 2005-04-10 04:31 ./
drwxr-xr-x  5 root root 4096 2005-04-10 04:31 ../

Dont know if that is the correct method to check for the extensions.

raju