Re: rediscovering hardware

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 14:26 -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:

> >>Something like this, yes.
> >>
> >>Problem that I'm having is that when I use modconf to load the module
> >>(snd_intel8x0) alsaconf attempts to detect a sound card and fails.
> >>
> >>If I run alsaconf directly, these modules are removed and alsaconf fails...
> >

> > Any error message?
>
> Every time!!!
>

> No sound devices found...

And you are sure that ALSA is installed correctly?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"For me and windows it became a matter of easy to start with, and
becoming increasingly difficult to be productive as time went on,
and if something went wrong very difficult to fix, compared to
linux's large over head setting up and learning the system with
ease of use and the increase in productivity becoming larger the
longer I use the system."
Rohan Nicholls , The Netherlands