Re: Debian vs. MEPIS/Knoppix/Ubuntu/other DEB distros

%% SigmaX <scottclansman@cwazy.co.uk> writes:

  >>> The new Ubuntu has X.org, Gnome 2.10.1, and lots of other very fresh
  >>> stuff, so it is NOT solely based on Debian testing, by any stretch.

  s> Yep... I'm pretty sure it's based on Sid not testing. SigmaX

It's even newer than sid, ATM anyway, since last time I checked sid
didn't have either X.org or Gnome 2.10 for example.

That's likely due to the upcoming freeze, of course.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortel.com>           HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools