Re: X.org

On Friday 08 April 2005 06:06, steef wrote:
[...]
>>So whats your holdup?  If an old fart of 70 like me can do it, why
>>can't you?  Yes, they do things a bit differently, but follow their
>>directions and I think you'll find that it Just Works(TM).
>
>ok gene, that  's the spirit: i'm 62 and got X running fine too. so
> i guess some youngsters must learn not to quit too soon.

Chuckle...

And At 62, you're just a sprout, a young whippersnapper.

Whodathunkit?

Hey Steef, welcome to the club.  Most of these 'kids' here think we're
part of the jurassic period.  We were carving code (for 8 bit
machines of course) before some of them were born.  Funny thing, some
of that 8 bitters code was still running at the tv station where I
wrote it, many times a day as little as 3 years ago.  Code thats
lived in daily use for 13 years (1989-2002) is a couple of eons in
code years. :-)

But the machines get wider busses (to go along with our width?
dunno :) and longer instruction sets only the compiler can remember
so our assembly langauge skills are slowly going away.  Here we are
now, understanding that we are asking as many questions as we answer
as we try to keep up with the newer stuff.

A wild ride.  Wouldn't miss it for anything.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)