RE: Better Anti Spyware

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 07:05:42PM -0700, Sergio Basurto Juarez wrote:
| Hello List,
|
| Any knows which is the better ati spyware I mean
| something that can be admistrated from a server, also
| I want that the server filter any spyware that go
| trhough it.

What you are asking for is a Linux OS / FOSS solution to fix a Microsoft
OS problem.

1) You might be able to use snort as IDS protection, linked into
blocking via iptables.
2) There are commercial hardware solutions such as Fortinet that will do
this.
3) Rip out Internet Exploder and use Firefox, or even rip out the MS OS,
use Mac OSx or Linux.
4) Have a look at Freshmeat and Sourceforge for applications / projects
these are excellent sites to start looking for a possible solution.
5) There are MS remote tools to maintain MS clients, and also 3rd party
commercial solutions to look after MS OSes. The reason I say this is
because of the level of integration / interaction required, MS hides /
patents / copyrights this stuff to stop / limit others.
6) As a rule FOSS tools are there for FOSS products.

Regards

Steven
Aka thing