Re: /.dev

First of all my sound card is properly configured and i can easily get
sound from the machine. ie using xmms.

But for some other tools sound dont work and i realize that that is
because i dont have a /dev/dsp directory. Instead i have /.dev/dsp.
 I dont know why this is so, because of udev? is it exactly true?

Now i create a symlink for /.dev/dsp to /dev  but firstly this is
worked but after machine rebooted my symlink vanishes?

Now is there any detailed explanation why this is so?