Re: X.org

Le Jeudi 7 Avril 2005 00:00, Gene Heskett a écrit :
> And debian purists are stuck with a dead, unsupported x until the year
> 2100?  That doesn't seem very fair to me.

hmmm, good point to you... I don't know if it's a really good solution to keep
a so important, but unsupported, software in the stable release for the
distribution which has the reputation of stability. If some bugs or security
holes are found during the 10 years of the life of Sarge, who will correct
them ? Of course, everybody have heard that Branden waits for Sarge release
to package xorg, but I think he has all the time he need to package and
stabilize xorg before Sarge being released. To be sure, you just have to look
at http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/ and see that the number of bug
concerning Sarge has nearly never get down below 100 for 4 months ...
I know fixing bug need lots of work and time, but if Sarge is not released in
the next 1 or 2 years, Xorg could enter in Sarge, maybe ?