Re: X.org

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 12:29:14PM +0200, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> I'm just curious.  I see that neither Sarge or Sid has X.org in.  I can
> understand the devs not wanting to change too much on sarge, but I would
> have expected that Sid would have included X.org by now.

Ah, someone else who'll just die or something if they don't get x.org.

> Anybody know why?

And all the endless traffic about it on debian-user, debian-devel, and (oh,
gosh) debian-x didn't answer your question?  Nah, that'd have required you
to actually look.

Briefly put... it would be nice if Sarge gets released sometime this
millennium.  To that end, X will not transition to X.org until after Sarge
releases.

Unless you think Branden has endless time to maintain *two* released X
trees.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Whip it, baby.  Whip it right.  Whip it, baby.
 msw@cox.net |     Whip it all night!