Re: Modules_install error

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 12:07, RituRaj wrote:
>Thanks a lot Gene for help.
>
>I did it all over again and ran make oldconfig this
>time. Still i am getting errors.(fewer now )
>
>make[1]: Entering directory
>`/usr/src/linux-2.4.29/arch/i386/lib'
>make[1]: Nothing to be done for `modules_install'.
>make[1]: Leaving directory
>`/usr/src/linux-2.4.29/arch/i386/lib'
>cd /lib/modules/2.4.29; \
>mkdir -p pcmcia; \
>find kernel -path '*/pcmcia/*' -name '*.o' | xargs -i
>-r ln -sf ../{}
>pcmcia
>if [ -r System.map ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F
>System.map  2.4.29; fi
>depmod: /opt/Xilinx6.3/bin/lin/wdreg is not an ELF
>file
>depmod: /opt/Xilinx6.3/bin/lin/install_drv is not an
>ELF file
>depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
>/lib/modules/misc/windrvr6.o
>depmod:         usb_ifnum_to_if_Rsmp_7f504340
>depmod:         usb_alloc_urb_Rsmp_37eb1efb
>depmod:         usb_register_Rsmp_6ab484a9
>depmod:         usb_set_interface_Rsmp_fc4b0efa
>depmod:         usb_clear_halt_Rsmp_3b248300
>depmod:         usb_deregister_Rsmp_a38a432d
>depmod:         usb_submit_urb_Rsmp_87e0f069
>depmod:         usb_free_urb_Rsmp_986294e5
>depmod:         usb_unlink_urb_Rsmp_1a73da9d
>make: *** [_modinst_post] Error 1

Whatintuncket is windrvr6.o?  That doesn't sound as if it should be
apart of the 2.4.29 build that I've heard about.

>I think i will try downloading tar.gz again(i had bz2)
>and maybe i should try the latest 2.4.30 instead of
>2.4.29.

I've had the .bz2's byte me from defective unpacks a couple of times,
so I settled on grabbing the .gz file if it was available.  As for
2.4.30, dunno, but 2.4.29 is running very happily on my old RH7.3
firewall box.  I just updated it from 2.4.18-something-or-other a
month back, ruined a nearly 2 year uptime (I have a BIG ups :)