Re: Modules_install error

Thanks a lot Gene for help.

I did it all over again and ran make oldconfig this
time. Still i am getting errors.(fewer now )

make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/src/linux-2.4.29/arch/i386/lib'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `modules_install'.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/linux-2.4.29/arch/i386/lib'
cd /lib/modules/2.4.29; \
mkdir -p pcmcia; \
find kernel -path '*/pcmcia/*' -name '*.o' | xargs -i
-r ln -sf ../{}
pcmcia
if [ -r System.map ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F
System.map  2.4.29; fi
depmod: /opt/Xilinx6.3/bin/lin/wdreg is not an ELF
file
depmod: /opt/Xilinx6.3/bin/lin/install_drv is not an
ELF file
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/misc/windrvr6.o
depmod:         usb_ifnum_to_if_Rsmp_7f504340
depmod:         usb_alloc_urb_Rsmp_37eb1efb
depmod:         usb_register_Rsmp_6ab484a9
depmod:         usb_set_interface_Rsmp_fc4b0efa
depmod:         usb_clear_halt_Rsmp_3b248300
depmod:         usb_deregister_Rsmp_a38a432d
depmod:         usb_submit_urb_Rsmp_87e0f069
depmod:         usb_free_urb_Rsmp_986294e5
depmod:         usb_unlink_urb_Rsmp_1a73da9d
make: *** [_modinst_post] Error 1

I think i will try downloading tar.gz again(i had bz2)
and maybe i should try the latest 2.4.30 instead of
2.4.29.

Thanks anyways.
Rituraj