RE: Autofs question

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Rob Brenart (TT) wrote:

> No, Chicago is the city, I have several servers in Chicago which, for
> consistency with other systems, I'd like to keep under this directory,
> then several servers in the UK and so on. It's sounding more and more
> like autofs just won't help me out here, and I'll need to have a
> separate cityX.mnt file for each.

yup

for each PC
  mkdir /n/Chicago
  mkdir /n/LA
  mkdir /n/NYC
  mkdir /n/Paris

  cd /n/Chicago ; ln -s /.autofs/share1 .
  cd /n/Chicago ; ln -s /.autofs/something-else .
not-quite-done

you'd need to have each machine export its resources to all
other pc's allowed to access it remotely

you'd need to manaage your own symlinks instead of "minimal" autofs

you can play with amd to do multiple mounted dirs

c ya
alvin