RE: Autofs question

>> Ok... here's what I'm trying to explain... let's say it's not /mnt
and
>> is instead
>>
>> /.autofs/Chicago/share1/
>> /.autofs/Chicago/share2/
>>
>> Share 1 is coming from the UNC path \\machine1\someshare
>> Share 2 is coming from the UNC path \\machine2\someothershare
>
>if "Chicago" is NOT in the automap files, i'm not sure that autofs
>will create a blank directory for you
>	the whole /.autofs directory tree is controlled by autofs
>
>if "Chicago" is another imported NFS machine, Chicago will need to be
>told to allow anybody to mount \\machine1 to Chicago which will
>indirectly look like /.autofs/Chicago/share1 to this local pc

No, Chicago is the city, I have several servers in Chicago which, for
consistency with other systems, I'd like to keep under this directory,
then several servers in the UK and so on. It's sounding more and more
like autofs just won't help me out here, and I'll need to have a
separate cityX.mnt file for each.

Thanks.