Command-line PHP with Woody

I am running a Woody server.  I'd like to run php scripts from the command
line, but I note that the php executable is not in my PATH.

I have php4, version 4.1.2-7.0.1 installed.

Is the command-line option available with this version, or do I need to
install another package?

I don't want to mix my system up with Sarge (I believe that later versions
of php work from the command line) - it normally screws everything up when I
have tried to do that.  I note that php isn't available in the backports.