Re: Command-line PHP with Woody

Am 2005-04-06 16:06:07, schrieb Robert S:
> I am running a Woody server.  I'd like to run php scripts from the command
> line, but I note that the php executable is not in my PATH.
>
> I have php4, version 4.1.2-7.0.1 installed.
>
> Is the command-line option available with this version, or do I need to
> install another package?

No, the PHP4 commandline tools are in PHP v4.3

> I don't want to mix my system up with Sarge (I believe that later versions
> of php work from the command line) - it normally screws everything up when I
> have tried to do that.  I note that php isn't available in the backports.

You do not need to mix it up, but you can backport it to WOODY.
I have done this already.

Curently I have my php 4.3 packages not online, but the coming weekend
I will work on my Server and I try to put it online.

Check:

<http://michelle.konzack.home.tamay-dogan.homelinux.net/linux/>

and

deb http://michelle.konzack.home.tamay-dogan.homelinux.net/debian-backports woody/backports main

and if I get my crappy squid config working here:

<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.homelinux.net/>

    and   *.debian.tamay-dogan.homelinux.net/

Greetings
Michelle

Michelle Konzack Apt. 917                ICQ #328449886
                 50, rue de Soultz       MSM LinuxMichi
0033/3/88452356  67100 Strasbourg/France IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)