Re: gdm fails to start

Le Mon, 04 Apr 2005 20:37:46 -0400, Michael Spang a écrit :

> I have a system on which gdm refuses to start. The X server starts each
> time, seemingly successfully, then quits before gdm displays. This

Do you have anything related to gnome/x in /usr/local ?
Does your /etc/hosts contains:
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain

Do you have meaningfull errors report on the console if as root you start
gdm from the command line ?

Have you changed your /etc/inittab to add more consoles ?

Or is this a vanilla installation ?

Cheers
Alban