Re: NVidia Geforce2 MX 400 in woody, help plz

Le Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:01:34 -0300, du linux a écrit :

> Hi, I just have installed woody and tried to configure my X
> server...but doesnt matter what config. I put there...XFree always
> send me the same error... "Screen found, but none have a usuable
> configuration" and I'm stuck!!

Well use sarge ! woody have xserver 4.1 which is old (where new at those
times) and will never have a newer release ...

this error means that your video driver does not load.
And loose your time trying to not use the framebuffer or such tips : they
are for the proprietary driver from nvidia which you obviously are not
using as it won't work on woody xserver (too old)...
The free nvidia driver shipped with debian work perfectly with framebuffer.

I you want a quick fix (work on woody too) change the video card driver
from nv to vesa. This works on all card but you would not be able to view
dvd, use 3d games and such (too slow).

You can also upgrade to sarge from your already installed woody if you
have a fast connection to the net.

Cheers
Alban