Re: Aspell 0.60 and mutt

Wayne Topa <linuxone@intergate.com> writes:

> Hello Users
>   In an effort to clean up my mail spelling/typos I am trying to get
>   aspell working with mutt, without much luck, it seems
>   I googled for how it 'should' be set up but none of the methods works
>   here. ie:
> set ispell='aspell \
>    --language-tag=`echo $LANG|sed "s/\.[^.]*$//"` \
>    --encoding=`echo $LANG|sed "s/^[^.]*\.\?//"` \
>    --mode=email \
>    --add-email-quote=%,#,:,} \
>    --check'

I doubt it likes the line wrapping, and possibly the use of the
backticks is problematic (and useless) as well.

> or
> macro compose i '<enter-command>set ispell="aspell --language-tag=en -c --mode=email" <enter><ispell>' 'Run aspell with English dictionary'
> or even the simple
> set ispell="aspell -e -c"

This is the one I use, without problems.

> Each, tried seperately in .muttrc. does not bring up the text in
> the compose menu.  Hitting 'i' does cause the screen to junp, or if
> I change the "--encoding=`echo $LANG|sed "s/^[^.]*\.\?//"`" to
> --encoding=en_US, I get an error message flashing so fast you can't read it.

What is LANG set to?  What terminal emulator are you using?

Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.