Re: To unsubscribe or not...

Jacques d'Aragon wrote:
I only realised today only that I (and many other users also), wishing
to unsubscribe, send the message to the wrong address.
The message should go to: debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org  -- NOT
just: debian-user@lists.debian.org.  The word request being in capital,
how I managed to miss it I'll never know.
BTW the reason I am unsubscribing is just that the sheer volume of
messages is more than I can handle. Besides, the archives give access to
every message that ever was sent to the list, no need to read everything
every day.

I think that they just capitalized it in the auto-appended footer to get
peoples attention.  If you read the RFC regarding SMTP you will find
that compliant applications are required to ignore case when dealing
with addresses.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez