Re: Aspell 0.60 and mutt - Answer and (SOLVED) And the REAL reason

Wayne Topa(linuxone@intergate.com) is reported to have said:
> Wayne Topa(linuxone@intergate.com) is reported to have said:
> >
> > Interesting  I just hit 'i' in the compose screen and it does,
> > now, indeed bring up aspell.  Somethis is real fishy here.  I worked
> > on this problem for 4 1/2 hrs yesterday, always restarting mutt
> > between changes, and now it doeds work!
> >
> > it = set ispell="aspell -e -c"
>
> I have found out what the problen was.
> As I have just changed ISP's, and I now have 4 different email
> addresses, I revamped my muttrc.  I had to put in so many folder-hooks
> I decided to make is a seperate file.  ie
> ##------------- Debian-user
> subscribe debian-user@lists.debian.org
> folder-hook debian-user unmy_hdr reply-to from Organization
> folder-hook debian-user my_hdr Reply-To: 'debian-user@lists.debian.org '
> folder-hook debian-user my_hdr From: 'linuxone@intergate.com'
> folder-hook debian-user my_hdr Organization: 'Organized? Who me?'
> send-hook debian-user "set signature='~/bin/randsigs.pl|'"
>
> ##------------- Debian-firewall
> subscribe debian-firewall@lists.debian.org
> folder-hook debian-firewall unmy_hdr reply-to from Organization
> folder-hook debian-firewall my_hdr Reply-To: 'debian-firewall@lists.debian.org '
> folder-hook debian-firewall my_hdr From: 'linuxone@intergate.com'
> folder-hook debian-firewall my_hdr Organization: 'Organized? Who me?'
> send-hook debian-firewall "set signature='~/bin/randsigs.pl|'"
>
> When I was testing the aspell, I was working in a mailbox I call admin.
> When I replied to Allan I as in the debian-user mbox and it worked
> but when I went back to check in the admin mbox it didn't.  In fact
> if I try to use aspell in any mbox that is not in my folder-hook file,
> aspell doesn't work.  So I added this
>
> ##-------------------- Admin
> folder-hook admin unmy_hdr replyto from organization
> folder-hook admin my_hdr From: 'huntbrittany@intergate.com'
> folder-hook admin my_hdr Reply-To: 'huntbrittany@yahoogroups.com '
> folder-hook admin my_hdr Organization: 'Patway Brittanys'
>
> And aspell now works in the admin mbox, but not in others that I don't
> have the folder-hook, like the above, set up.
>
> It might be the position of where I source the folder-hooks or lists
> or mailboxes but I have yet to test that theory.
>
> Now back to trying the other setups I tested (in the admin mbox),
> to see if I can get them working.
>
> Thanks to all for their comments.  The kick's, :-) , worked and now,
> so does aspell.

I had my head where the sun don't shine!   I was used to the way ispell
operated and that was way I 'thought' aspell wasn't working.

When the screen 'jumped' as I described in my original post, aspell
was working after all.  I tested by replying to a main "but didn't add
nay text to the reply" !!!   DUMB!!  Ispell showed that message but
aspell doesn't show anything but what 'you' add to the message, that's
why 'it's better than ispell'.  So it was working all the time but I
just didn't realize it.

No need the for folder-hooks "I thought I needed" after all.

Sorry for all the noise.  Hope my stupidity helps someone else avoid
the mistakes I made.

Wayne
--
Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"