Re: A question about /srv partition

Once upon a time Roberto C. Sanchez said...

> I recommend using LVM2.  It is especially nice when in 6 months to a
> year you decide you want to change your partition layout.

On top of that, I recommend using the XFS filesystem on top of that. It
can be resized online. On one machine I made the mistake of using ext3
on logical volumes. It always seems you need to resize a partition when
you're in the middle of something. Having to take the machine down to
single user mode to resize a partition is quite annoying.

Maybe ext3 has online resizing now... I dont know.

Rather than recommending XFS, I should really be recommending that you
use any filesystem that can be resized online.