RE: Automatic Revision Control.

Eric van der Paardt wrote:
> What I want to do is basically check the list of files on a regular
> basis, if the file checked is different then the one I already know
> about, grab a copy of it and save it someplace, preserving a history
> of revisions.

Is there such a thing as a versioning file system for Linux; something like
VAX/VMS had?  (For those not familiar, VAX/VMS files had a version number
appended to the end.  When you first created a file, it was "foo.txt;1".  Each
time you saved it, a new copy was created with an incremented suffix:
"foo.txt;2", "foo.txt;3", etc..  Periodically, you needed to run a purge command
to clean out all the old copies.)

David

links:

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&as_qdr=all&q=linux+VAX+ODS2+file+syst