Re: intrusion via ssh

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 01:27:23PM +0200, Bob Alexander wrote:
> Michelle Konzack wrote:
> >So, if I reinstall my Linux Router for the 4 ADSL Modem-Routers
> >I will reinstall a script, which, if it detects an aggression,
> >answer with an automated upload of a rootkit...

> I am no-one to tell you how you should behave and express only my
> personal opinion, but I find counterstrikes to be ethically,
> philosophically and probably legally unacceptable.
>
> Bob

Not only that, I would think only the stupidest of script
kiddies would use their own computer to launch an attack.
In many cases, the computer is a university or library
or even internet cafe computer thats been taken over
by the attacker for such purposes.

A non destructive program however might be more useful
just a simple way to detect and document the type of attack
so that down the road a suitable defense might be devised

--
Angelina Carlton