Re: Debian way of integrating out of tree drivers

Bob Alexander wrote:
Matt Zagrabelny wrote:

$ mv /usr/src/madwifi /usr/src/modules/

GREAT !!! that said after moving madwifi like you say, if I understand what you say, I should be allright by:

make-kpkg --revision=t40.$SUBV --added_modules madwifi,thinkpad kernel_image modules_image

Matt,
does not seem to work !! :(

After doing the above and obtaining the two debs I mentioned in the previous post I issued a

dpkg -c *deb |grep ath

and found nothing while I sould have found the ath_pci etc. drivers for my atheros wifi chipset from the madwifi package :(

make-kpkg bug ? My error ?

TIA,
Bob