Re: Printing plain text with CUPS

Almut Behrens wrote:
On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 04:54:55PM -0500, John Kerr Anderson wrote:

I have an Epson LX-300+ dot matrix printer and I only want to print plain text to it. I used the "raw" queue, but then it never sends a form feed to the printer after each job.

Can anyone explain how to add a form feed string so that the printer does it after each job?

As a side solution if your prt supports postscript you would want to try the a2ps package. very neat (ascii to postscript).

HTH,
Bob