Printing plain text with CUPS

Hello,

I have an Epson LX-300+ dot matrix printer and I only want to print plain text to it. I used the "raw" queue, but then it never sends a form feed to the printer after each job.

Can anyone explain how to add a form feed string so that the printer does it after each job? I've never figured it out and if I could get it working I'd be so happy!!!

I'm using Debian 3.0 and the printer is connected via serial interface. I'd use LPD but I have colour printer (Epson Stylus C43UX) too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance...

John