don't understand moniwiki packaging

In the process of looking for a wiki implementation with minimal
dependencies, I found moniwiki.  I'm pretty happy with it; enough so that I've
set it up for my team at work, hoping it will catch on.

I don't understand the packaging, though.  I'm hoping someone can enlighten
me.

The debian package puts all of the files in /usr/share/moniwiki ... which
seems weird, as all of the files would need to be in some web-accessible place
to work.  I can't find any installation notes indicating what I should do with
these files.  I suppose I could copy the whole directory, but that seems to
defeat the whole point of a package, since I would then have to manually
update any local installations.  I can symlink it from /var/www, but that just
seems weird ...

I've tried both of these approaches, and with both the images seem not to
work, though they work fine on the source install I have at the office ...
odd.

Anyone have any insight into why the package is installed this way, and how
I'm supposed to use it?

--
monique

Ask smart questions, get good answers: