RE: don't understand moniwiki packaging

Hi Monique (or is it moinique ;-) )

As far as symlinking to /var/www, I think the intent was to use apache's
conf files to alias the directory in /var/local/lib to a url, like this:

ScriptAlias /somewiki  "/var/local/lib/somewiki/moin.cgi"

So that http://somehost/somewiki
Will direct to /var/local/lib/somewiki/moin.cgi

I'm not much of a scripter, but I use this to make a new moin wiki and
update apache2's config file with one command.

#!/bin/sh
export MYWIKI=$1

mkdir /var/local/lib/$MYWIKI
cp -r /usr/share/moin/data /usr/share/moin/cgi-bin/* /var/local/lib/$MYWIKI
chown -R www-data: /var/local/lib/$MYWIKI
chmod +x /var/local/lib/$MYWIKI/moin.cgi

# TO ADD TO HTTPD.CONF
#        Alias /wiki/ "/usr/share/moin/htdocs/"
#               ScriptAlias /MyDebianWiki
"/var/local/lib/mydebianwiki/moin.cgi"

sed  '/--EndMoinMoin/ i\ScriptAlias /'$MYWIKI'
"/var/local/lib/'$MYWIKI'/moin.c
gi"' /etc/apache2/apache2.conf  > ./apache2.conf.tmp

cp ./apache2.conf.tmp /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
#rm ./apache2.conf.tmp
/etc/init.d/apache2 reload

The result is something like this at the bottom of your apache2.conf file
#Glenn's MOINMOIN wikis
Alias /wiki/ "/usr/share/moin/htdocs/"
# List  wiki script aliases here
# --StartMoinMoinScriptAliases--
ScriptAlias /projectorwiki  "/var/local/lib/projectorwiki/moin.cgi"
ScriptAlias /bloogoowiki  "/var/local/lib/bloogoowiki/moin.cgi"
ScriptAlias /cenWiki  "/var/local/lib/cenWiki/moin.cgi"
ScriptAlias /OOMeetsRDBMS  "/var/local/lib/OOMeetsRDBMS/moin.cgi"
ScriptAlias /CommonUiFxWiki  "/var/local/lib/CommonUiFxWiki/moin.cgi"
ScriptAlias /SiteCartWiki  "/var/local/lib/SiteCartWiki/moin.cgi"
ScriptAlias /PHPFw  "/var/local/lib/PHPFw/moin.cgi"
ScriptAlias /MSACCESSFw  "/var/local/lib/MSACCESSFw/moin.cgi"
ScriptAlias /HowTo  "/var/local/lib/HowTo/moin.cgi"
# --EndMoinMoinScriptAliases--

I'm guessing apache 1.3.x would use a similar approach. I don't know that
this is good or bad, but it gives an alternative to symlinks in /var/www

All is explained in /usr/share/doc/moin/README.Debian

Hope this is something like you were looking for

Glenn