Re: New user teething problems: tulip on 2.2.20

Bill Freeman <f@ke1g.mv.com> wrote:
> I'm actually attracted to 2.2, however, since, if I'm
> remembering correctly, it has a smaller footprint (box only has
> 128Mb RAM).

I have a K6-350MHz no-name laptop with 128MB ram that runs with the
2.6.10 (i386) kernel just fine.

I wouldn't be afraid of trying the newer kernels, even with the
"footprint" aspect of it. The worst possible result is that you boot
back into your 2.2 or 2.4 kernel and keep trying.

Curt-

--
September 11th, 2001
planning advocates in American history