Re: Writing for Free Software Magazine?

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 21:39, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> On Saturday 26 March 2005 03:20, Lee Braiden wrote:
> > I still say it's immoral to withhold information from some while giving
> > it to those who can pay.
>
> Oh, please.  Tell that to a stock analyst, research, or commercial search
> engine like LexisNexis.

What?  I don't know if you're trying to say that other people do it, so it
must be ok, or something else.  Either way, what other people do is
irrelevant to what's right.

> I guess you missed the part where he said that all articles are "released
> under a free license six weeks after publication", even though you directly
> quoted it.

Then you obviously know that I didn't miss it.

> Tony's a good guy.  He's starting a good magazine.  I admit a certain bias
> (he published some of my work), but it's true.

I'm sure he is.  I don't doubt his integrity for a second.

Let's just drop it, ok.  Tony has already said he doesn't like reading this
stuff, and I sure as hell didn't want it to turn into a long debate.  I
simply pointed out something he might want to consider.

--
Lee.