Sarge installer without physical media

Hi,

I've an Apple ibook G4 that I have to reinstall under debian.

First tried as I did before, using the recipie found here:
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html
This is a very nice method where after a small download of less than 5Mb
 from network one can start installing a full debien system directly.

But the default debian kernel doesnt support my hard-drive and I used to
download a patched one as recommanded there:
http://www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~schmidtm/apple/powerbook.en.php
That is:
http://valla.uchicago.edu/ppc/vmlinux-pbg412.bz2

Unfortunatly, this link is no longuer valid and I was suggested to use
the Sarge installer to perform my installation.
I read the installation instructions there:
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.powerpc/ch04s05.html#files-newworld

BUT the installer keeped asking for some "ISO" image I of course didnt had.

I seeked a bit in the doc, but wasnt sure this option was working any
more (which would be sad, that was very conveniant).

So, could anybody confirm that a pure HD install exists with the new
installer (ix86 or ppc, I guess it's the same anyway), that only
requiere a local download of a few Mb of data (a kernel and an initrd
file basically) before actually starting the install ?

If yes, does someone have a idea why I was only prompted with request
for some "ISO"? And could point me to a doc that was succesfull for them?

NOTE: It might be that the network card is not recognised. If I go to
the console (after booting the installer) I dont see any eth0 in
ifconfig, and there is only "lo" in /proc/net/dev; however the ethernet
card is the standard SunGEM card found in every ibook, so I dont
understand...

Thanks for your help,

        Yannick

--