Re: Acrobat 7 plugin for Firefox not working

Bengt J. Olsson wrote:

Hi Uwe,

I had the same problem as you with the marillat packages. But it
seems like the problems is not with the installation packages but
rather with Firefox. Here is what I did to get it work (Using
firefox 1.0.2):

1. In Firefox, remove pdf plugin from Preferences -> Downloads ->
   File Types -> Plug-ins
2. (To be sure I removed the pdf association also from Preferences ->
   Downloads -> File Types also, don't know if this is necessary)
3. Restart Firefox
4. Point to pdf file on the web. Firefox asks which application
   should be used. Use /usr/bin/acroread

That's it! Simple and magical solution...

Good luck,

Bengt

I too have been having this problem. Using the above didn't work at first. My acroread file was in /usr/local/Adobe/Adobe7.0/bin. Once pointed that way now it works great. Thanks.