Re: bootlogd ceased to function

Bob Alexander wrote:

Today almost by chance I noticed that the last /var/log/boot files dates back to Feb 15th (my machine is a laptop and boots > daily).

What a coincidence. A couple of hours ago I noticed entirely by chance that my last /var/log/boot file dates back to Nov 2003! Seeing your post inspired me to try restarting it as you did. When I got no messages at all, I soon found that it was simply disabled in /etc/default/bootlogd. I turned it on and it still works.

...RickM...