bootlogd ceased to function

Today almost by chance I noticed that the last /var/log/boot files dates back to Feb 15th (my machine is a laptop and boots > daily).

I launched sudo sh -x /etc/init.d/bootlogd start and got the following error (?):

Starting Bootlog daemon: + '[' -d /proc/1/. ']'
+ umask 027
+ start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --exec /sbin/bootlogd -- -r
bootlogd: cannot find console device 136:0 in /dev
+ echo bootlogd.
bootlogd.
+ exit 0

What does that mean ? Should I report this as a sysvinit package bug ??? Little bit scared by the number of bugs dating years(s) :(

My system is udev based (sid unstable with no upgrades pending as I write).

TIA,
Bob