How to get mysql to accept network conections

I'm trying to install ht elatest mythtv packages on a test machine before
atempting to upgrade my real backend/frontends.

The mythtv-database package is failing in the post install configuration. I
believe this is because it's trying to connect to mysal (on the local
machine) as root@machine_name.domain /etc/mysql/my.cnf used to have a line
that siad "skip networking" thta needed to be comentd out to allow
connections from other thna localhost. It n longer has this settign istead
having a "bindadress 12.70.0.1" What can I do to allow ntework based
connections?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967