Re: Hard Lockups can't happen (can they?)

Ron Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 02:09 +1000, Paul Fraser wrote:

Not if the fan were stopped entirely.

Unless the CPU is (by now) relatively old, wouldn't the CPU burn
up?

Depends,
in my BIOS I have a temperature overheating protection and that would kick in in that case and shutdown the computer before the CPU could get hurt.

Verified this works once when my water circuit pump halted while I was at my office and my kids where playing with my water cooled PC :)

Bob