Re: debian testing and mdadm

Hal Vaughan wrote:
mdadm is a program all unto itself, so I wouldn't just substitute mdadm for raidtools. There are a number of tutorials on the web for mdadm which are VERY easy to follow. Just google for "+mdadm +linux +tutorial" and you should have no problem making sure it's set up right. If you set it up right, then it will start automatically.

I see plenty of tutorials, just not ones that give information on how to have your root partition in the raid.

On a side note I have boot=/dev/sda in my lilo.conf instead of /dev/md2 - when I tried to do that and boot, I got 99 99 99 99 repeated a bunch.

Adam