Re: debian testing and mdadm

On Saturday 26 March 2005 06:02 pm, Adam Olsen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just recently attempted to use this method:
> http://synic.ath.cx/raid1.txt to create full software raid 1 on our
> server running debian testing.  I replaced all the references to
> raidtools with mdadm.

mdadm is a program all unto itself, so I wouldn't just substitute mdadm for
raidtools.  There are a number of tutorials on the web for mdadm which are
VERY easy to follow.  Just google for "+mdadm +linux +tutorial" and you
should have no problem making sure it's set up right.  If you set it up
right, then it will start automatically.

Hal