Re: debian testing and mdadm

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Adam Olsen wrote:

> I see plenty of tutorials, just not ones that give information on how to
> have your root partition in the raid.

and/or incomplete info about "booting off either/any of the disks"

> On a side note I have boot=/dev/sda in my lilo.conf instead of /dev/md2
> - when I tried to do that and boot, I got 99 99 99 99 repeated a bunch.

that is why you get 99 99 from lilo

boot=/dev/md0
root=/dev/md0

if you hate lilo problems ( L, LI, LIL, 99 77 ... ) than use grub,
syslinux, loadlin, nilo, ....
	- and all bootloaders have some problem or another

	- and all bootloaders work fine when it works

	- the trick is how long to fix the problem of that particular
	problem for that particular bootloader

c ya
alvin